Where are you based?
What job do you do?
Head of Content
How did you get into marketing/communications?
Enjoyed writing and marketing for my own side project (musical duo) which led to me setting up my own website and learning about SEO in my spare time. This knowledge got me my first job at a marketing agency as an SEO content writer.
What are you most proud of in your career as a marketing/communications professional?
– Achieving coverage in some national and regional papers and specialist websites.
– Increasing our traffic resulting in higher ROI
– Refining our branding
– Building professional and on-brand collateral
How has marketing/communications helped the organisations you’ve worked for?
– SEO has helped our Google ranking, increasing our ROIs
– Content has helped spread information and build our reputation as thought leaders and as a source of information.
What challenges have you overcome on your professional journey to where you are today?
– gaps in knowledge which were overcome by learning as much as possible and attending events.
– Having the balls to stand up for myself and talk about strategy and ideas without feeling like an imposter.
Do you have any words of wisdom for someone starting out in the marketing/communications industry?
Keep learning all the time. There is so much you can simply learn online on your own.
Ask questions and be curious
Meet and network as much as possible
Know your audience – this is a marketing fundamental.
Read A LOT
Psst… whilst you’re here we wanted to let you know that we have launched! Join the platform today!